Excerpt: Change is inevitable. No matter the reason, not everyone adapts the same when changes are necessary in the business environment. Some team members will be excited, while others resist. What business owners do (or don’t do) with regard to change management can impact how smoothly transitions happen. 3-minute read
One of my favorite quotes from Mark Twain is, “If you always do what you have always done, then you will get what you have always gotten.”
Change Management Tips
Here are some tips to help you with change management in your business. It’s time to adapt, thrive, and flourish to enact a positive change in your organization.
- Engage the Resistance.
- While all employees may not like the changes being implemented, understanding why changes are being made goes a long way to help them accept what is happening.
- When everyone understands that the transformation is due to technological advancements, a shift in the market, or whatever the reason, it shows you value transparency and have thought through all elements of the change before rolling it out.
- When you tie the changes to your vision for the future, others can see how the changes help align all stakeholders.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making.
- Numbers don’t lie. When data is driving the change, share the data and insights into identifying improvement areas and measuring progress.
- Stakeholder Engagement and Buy-In.
- This one is key. While communicating is necessary, you want an open forum where stakeholders of every level can address concerns and ask questions so the entire team buys into the idea.
- Success is found in transformational times when you involve your team early in the process and make them part of the solution rather than surprising them with something new.
- Measure Success and Continuous Improvement.
- While data, research, and stakeholder input are put into potential changes before being made, it is equally important to have a post-implementation review process that sets measurements for success and gathers feedback so necessary adjustments can be made for ongoing improvement.
As a business owner, some of the most challenging yet rewarding journeys include leading the company through change. How you roll out changes to your team, how you handle change management, impacts a successful transformation, and can make a lasting, positive impact on the organization.
Contact Flourish Today
“If you’re not moving forward, you’re moving backward.” “Change is inevitable – growth is optional.” There are so many quotes about change that I could literally keep you here all day, but I promised a three-minute read!
What these quotes all demonstrate is that change is something that business owners need to proactively manage. Change management is a vital tool in your toolbelt. As a business consultant, I’ve spent years helping business owners manage change and growth in their businesses with a flexible, personable, non-judgmental approach.